If you are just starting you’re meal prep journey, this 3 easy and unbelievably delicious soup recipes will be yore lifesaver.
Here at least 3 reasons why soup such a great option for a make ahead
1. Free time for yourself. You spend less time on cleaning because making a soup mostly required just one pot.
2. Easy packing. Its great option to pack into containers for the week.
3. Healthy option. Most soups contain tons of vegetables and lean meat.
1. Chicken white bean soup recipe
All you need for this delicious soup is 30 minutes of free time and next ingredients.
2 medium onions
1 medium zucchini
2 cans cannellini beans
3 cups cooked chicken
8 cups chicken or veggie broth
3 garlic cloves
2 stalks thinly sliced celery
2 cups green cabbage
1 cup of kale
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp dried oregano, salt and black pepper
1/2 tbsp lemon juice (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add celery and onion and heat for about 6-8 minutes.
- Add cabbage, garlic and cook 3 more minutes.
- Next add broth, chicken, beans, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper and boil 5 minutes.
- Add the kale, lemon juice, and zucchini. Boil 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
2. Delicious and healthy chicken potato soup recipe
One of the easiest and still delicious recipes. A slow cooker will make all work for you.
9 cups chicken or veggie broth
5 slices turkey bacon
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
2 medium carrots
6 cups (3 pounds) russet potatoes
2 medium celery
1 tsp. thyme
3 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
salt and pepper
- Frye the bacon on the medium heat, add garlic and onion. Saute for 2-4 minutes.
- Mix in the slow cooker all ingredients: fried bacon-onion mixture, chicken, and potato, carrot, celery, and species. Turn on high and cook 7-11 hours until veggies are really soft. Stir occasionally.
- Remove the chicken breast and chop it well.
- Puree part of the soup in a blender (around 2 cups) stir back into the soup. This step will make the soup extra creamy.
- Add back the chopped chicken. Serve with fresh parsley and cheese.
3. Easy and flavorful chickpea pasta soup
You gonna love this recipe cause of 2 reasons: it’s really simple to make and still really delicious. Just try not to leave this beauty wait in the fridge for more than 5 days before you eat it. Otherwise, pasta can get too soggy.
1 sweet onion
2 garlic cloves
1 can peeled tomatoes
1 ½ cup tomato puree
2 cups chicken o veggie broth
1 can chickpeas
1 cup whole wheat (or any other) pasta
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/3 tbsp. salt and pepper
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp dried oregano
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
1 cup Parmesan cheese
chopped fresh parsley
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot. Add garlic, onion salt and pepper and cook stirring occasionally around 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, sugar, red pepper flakes and oregano and cook 2-3 minutes more.
- Next, add stock and tomato puree cook for 12-16 minutes more.
- Add chickpeas and pasta about 10-20 minutes before serving. Cook the pasta around 10 minutes.
- Stir the parmesan cheese until melted.
- Serve with fresh basil and parsley.